Skip to main content

Oven baked fish in indo-chinese sauce

It is never too early Christmas!

The best is always saved for the end of the year - there cannot be anything better to end a wonderful year!

I pray this season passes by slow so that I get to savor every moment of it. So while it lasts - let's get into some cooking , carols, decorating and lots of fun filled moments with family and friends.

I did happen to mention last Christmas that our love for Christmas was one thing that brought Shibin and me close. We are leaving no stone un-turned this year as well. We have put up our tree, our Christmas wreath is in making, cbn radio that plays Christmas songs throughout the year is live on my system while I write this, Christmas movies are up and running in the evenings and I am preparing my December menu!

If you are a person who enjoys this season as much as we do then hurry up - put your tree!! Listen to cbnradio - (http://www1.cbn.com/radio/christmas) if you love the carols and checkout the Hallmark Christmas movie collection on youtube. None of these are sure gonna disappoint you.

 I could go on about Christmas but I do have more recipes I hope to put up this Christmas and hence let me save my stories for later. Here is a recipe you could try out for your December menu - Oven baked fish in indo - chinese sauce.



Ingredients
  1. Fish - 1 kg
  2. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
  3. Red chilly powder - 1 tsp 
  4. Onion - 3 large chopped
  5. Garlic- 2 tsp chopped
  6. Green chilly - 2 chopped
  7. Soya sauce - 3 tbsp
  8. Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
  9. Water - 3 tbsp
  10. Coriander leaves - 1 bunch chopped
  11. Salt to taste
  12. Oil - 2 tbsp
Method

Clean and pat the fish slices dry. Create slit on the fish to help the flavors seep in.  
Marinate the fish in turmeric powder and salt for about half an hour.

In a bowl, stir in the tomato sauce, soya sauce with water and keep aside.

Meanwhile heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes before adding the green chilies and cook until tender. Add the chilly powder and cook the masala. Add the previously made sauce mix and switch off the flame,

The fish can either be baked in a tray or in an aluminium foil.
Pre heat the oven at 200 degree centigrade.
Line a baking tray and pour spoonful of sauce on to the tray and place the fish on top of this. Pour the remaining sauce onto the fish completely covering the fish. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until done.

Alternatively, place your fish on an aluminium foil and bring the edges of the foil together. Add in the sauce and bring together the edges of the foil , press it together and roll it prevent the steam from escaping. Bake for about 20 minutes or until done.


You may also note - 
  1. I used 2 big Pomfrets and hence my baking time would be on higher side. You may adjust according to the fish you are using.



Comments

  1. Tried this recipe and it was simply amazing. Thanks 😀

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Traversing the Deutschland-Frankfurt on foot

No better way to explore a new place than on foot - soaking in the ethereal rays of the sun and the gentle breeze setting the tone for the late afternoon, we set out to explore the pristine town of Frankfurt along River Main. Half a day in Frankfurt was all we had, nevertheless, we managed to comfortably traverse the city and all we wanted to see and do in 6 hours. Given that we visited Frankfurt in the end of April, the weather ranged from 6 to 20 degree, warm clothing is always recommended. Setting out from the B&B Hotel in Frankfurt, we headed in the direction of the river. A city along the banks of a river, gives the place a special charm, atleast that what I think! Every travel brings about new revelations. I come from a place where there is no dearth for sunlight and hence, probably do not value it enough and here I was at a place where the glorious sun presents itself in its full glory once a while. The green pastures along the banks of the river had people sleeping shirtles

Karahi Gosht/ Mutton Karahi

A perfect thriller makes my day and night too! A good book in hand and the literature within the levels of my understanding, then I have the potential of forgetting just about every thing around me - you will see me in the company of the book in the kitchen too. I may burn a chapatti or two in the go. I spent a major chunk of my single days immersed in such books and I had a perfect roommate for company. Our love for thrillers and mystery extended to television shows as well - Savdhaan India on Life Ok and Crime Patrol on Sony TV were hot favorites.  Both these shows end with the charming hosts signing off  saying - Be Cautious!! Our cautiousness extended to a level were both of us doubted everything we saw and heard. So negative was the impact that we decided to stop watching these series and stick to books which were more of fictitious work than reality. My married days are no better - both of us love the same kind of book and we had membership in the same chain of library - Jus

Baked Sesame Chicken Wings

I do have the habit of omitting certain words or sentences when I read up on something. Be it book, article or a recipe, which is probably why I finish reading quite fast. Pick up a book and if it really interests me - I could finish it in under a day but then, there is a catch to it - in my hurry to reach the fag bottom of the book - I miss names of certain characters, places and trust me at times even events that unfold. As the book progresses, if a reference is made to the part I unknowingly omitted (God forbid that happen), I am at total loss.  Now, my husband knows why I finish reading books in half the time he takes! I wouldn't say this is a great habit of mine because as the saying goes Half knowledge is dangerous . I have got into my own trouble with this. That set aside, when it comes to reading recipes I have had my good days and bad days. Good ones are when despite not following the recipe word by word - I end up with a recipe I created and the taste delights and